Check out my résumé to see how I can help you...
Summary of Skills
Experienced front-end web developer and graphic designer focusing on interactive media. Able to take advantage of multiple digital media software programs to execute design and development phases both within a team and individually. Ten years of military experience provide the soft skills necessary to work in and lead a team environment as well as adapt and solve any problem that presents itself.
- Sketch | Abstract | InVision Design System Manager | UXPin | InVision Studio | Adobe XD | Framer | Photoshop | Illustrator | MS Excel, Word, and PowerPoint | Macintosh, Windows & Linux OS & Windows
- Proficient in multiple facets of User-Centered design such as User Experience (UX) design, User Interface (UI) design, Interaction/Micro-interaction design, strategizing lo-fidelity/ hi-fidelity wireframes, user-flows, logic-flows, design system creation and management for responsive front-end development.
- Proficient in Object Oriented Programming and Model-View-Controller patterns which are incorporated into designing sites and single-page applications thereby bridging the gap between designer and developer.
- Anecdotal Research - Rapid Prototyping of Web & Mobile Apps | Usability Testing | User Testing/Polling
- Analytical Research - Google Analytics | Google Tag Manager | Heat-mapping | Session Recording | User Flow Funnels | Instant Feedback Capability
- High-level research, analysis, and decision-making skills when problems arise.
- Proficient in all levels of multicultural work environments.
Experience – UIUX Design | Web Development | Graphic Design
- Design, code, test, and debug complex software while developing new functionality, and enhancing existing functionality, in order to satisfy customer requirements, both internal & external. Utilize Angular, Typescript & SASS to maintain the company's Enterprise User Experience Design System codebase via a regular cadence. Redesigned the Enterprise UX Design System Sketch library, improving IA, symbol efficiency, created numerous new components, maintaining WCAG standards & consistency throughout, and released regular updates based on user feedback.
- Overall responsible for all UI/UX designs across Xpressdocs’ digital product catalog. Led the end-to-end redesign project covering the entire platform beginning with a comprehensive UX analysis of its current state, establishing standards and processes for measuring user interaction as well as gathering analytical and anecdotal data. Created prototypes from data analysis and implemented the company’s first user-testing practices in addition to voluntary feedback capability from the site. Implemented Google Tag Manager to streamline the process for utilizing additional analytics for both the UX and Marketing teams. Created the company’s first design system from scratch using all custom components, interaction design, and cross-trained entire dev teams on its usage, implementation and benefits. Led information architecture and content strategy efforts, product photography design and implementation, evangelized usability and UX best practices, and planned and conducted contextual inquiry and stakeholder interviews to analyze client needs and determine product requirements. Improved functional and support release times by 35% by streamlining communication and data reporting efforts for three continental teams.
- Created PSD to HTML conversions while working with development team in a production environment on multiple web projects for different clients developing multiple new skills in WordPress development, workflow and productivity improvements, learned new languages such as SASS, Git, Node and Gulp, and participated in client consultation meetings.
- Logo designer for Heritage Christian Academy. Mother’s Day Breakfast 2014 photographer. Photographer for Children’s Church images needed for print and web ads
- Logo creation & design, advertising print work, photo retouching
- Logo creation & design, business card design
- Logo creation & design, advertising print work, advertising web, website design consulting
- Held a Top Secret clearance (SCI eligible) during my ten years served
- Managed 41 shop personnel in United States Military Apprenticeship Program (USMAP) induction, tracking and completion, ensuring all weekly, monthly and semi-annual reports were accurately accounted for and entered to provide Sailors with a civilian equivalent journeyman’s certificate.
- Supervised a team of thirteen personnel and oversaw five additional team leaders during the calibration lab’s Six Sigma Lean event, amassing over 70 hours and accomplishing over 30 tasks, including the redistribution of the shop’s materials effectively increasing production.
- Work center supervisor onboard USS Howard DDG 83. Supervised 6 technicians in the performance and corrective maintenance on all radar/navigation equipment including AN/SPS-64, AN/SPS-67, IFF and TACAN systems, Scalable IBS, SIWCS and VHF Radios, and external GPS stations.
- Electronics Support Systems Area Supervisor qualifying 10 technicians in required personnel, safety and Quality Assurance assignments proving to be a team player and excellent leader.
- Revamped the ship’s entire wireless radio communications system creating a more effective custody control log saving the command over $20,000. Organized, serialized, and programmed over 130 radios, updated all firmware and programming software, created more functional code plugs for Department Heads and implemented new fail- soft frequencies ensuring 100% operability despite any loss of power to the shipboard repeaters.
- IGA Agile Professional Certification (Agile Trailblazers)June 2018
- The Art Institute of Fort Worth, TexasAugust 2013 – 2015
- Bachelor of Arts in Web Design & Interactive Media
- Liberty UniversityAugust 2011 – July 2012
- Credit hours towards a Bachelor of Science in Web Technology & Design
- The Art Institute of California, San DiegoOctober 2008 – March 2011
- Credit hours towards a Bachelor of Science in Web Design & Interactive Media