Check out my résumé to see how I can help you...
Summary of Skills
Experienced front-end web developer and graphic designer focusing on interactive media. Able to take advantage of multiple digital media software programs to execute design and development phases both within a team and individually. Ten years of military experience provide the soft skills necessary to work in and lead a team environment as well as adapt and solve any problem that presents itself.
- Photoshop | Illustrator | Sublime Text | Codekit | Git/SVN | Terminal | Dreamweaver | InDesign | Bridge | Final Cut Studio | Soundtrack Pro | Pro Tools | MS Office | Macintosh & Windows
- Proficient in OOP (Object Oriented Programming) fundamentals & logic, UX/UI design, and strategized wire framing for front-end development.
- Mobile website development and application development incorporating various APIs.
- Interactive experience with sound design, video editing and flash animation.
- Proficient in manual operation of digital SLRs, photo retouching, enhancing and product photography.
- High-level knowledge in electronic systems troubleshooting and repair.
- Experienced in all levels of multicultural work environments.
Experience – Web Development & Graphic Design
- Created PSD to HTML conversions while working with development team in a production environment on multiple web projects for different clients developing multiple new skills in WordPress development, workflow and productivity improvements, learned new languages such as SASS, Git, Node and Gulp, and participated in client consultation meetings.
- Logo designer for Heritage Christian Academy. Mother’s Day Breakfast 2014 photographer. Photographer for Children’s Church images needed for print and web ads
- Logo creation & design, advertising print work, photo retouching
- Logo creation & design, business card design
- Logo creation & design, advertising print work, advertising web, website design consulting
First Command, Senior Web Marketing Specialist (Fort Worth, TX)June 2015 – December 2016
Steadfast Creative, Intern (Keller, TX)October – December 2015
Heritage Baptist Church, Freelancer (Haslet, TX)2013 – Current
Dustin Lewis Images, Freelancer (Virginia Beach, VA)2008 - 2012
Burgess Consulting, Freelancer (Boulder, CO)2010 - 2011
Fletcher Hills Presbyterian Church, Freelancer (San Diego, CA)2009 - 2011
Experience – US Navy
- Held a Top Secret clearance (SCI eligible) during my ten years served
- Assistant work center supervisor, successfully entering over 9,632 completed line items into two databases ensuring complete accuracy in shop production output documentation resulting in the reduction of work center backlog by ten percent.
- Managed 41 shop personnel in United States Military Apprenticeship Program (USMAP) induction, tracking and completion, ensuring all weekly, monthly and semi-annual reports were accurately accounted for and entered to provide Sailors with a civilian equivalent journeyman’s certificate.
- Supervised a team of thirteen personnel and oversaw five additional team leaders during the calibration lab’s Six Sigma Lean event, amassing over 70 hours and accomplishing over 30 tasks, including the redistribution of the shop’s materials effectively increasing production.
Calibration / 2M TechnicianMay 2007 – November 2010
- Work center supervisor onboard USS Howard DDG 83. Supervised 6 technicians in the performance and corrective maintenance on all radar/navigation equipment including AN/SPS-64, AN/SPS-67, IFF and TACAN systems, Scalable IBS, SIWCS and VHF Radios, and external GPS stations.
- Electronics Support Systems Area Supervisor qualifying 10 technicians in required personnel, safety and Quality Assurance assignments proving to be a team player and excellent leader.
- Single-handedly revamped the ship’s entire wireless radio communications system creating a more effective custody control log along with locating several missing radios saving the command over $20,000. Organized, serialized, and programmed over 130 radios, updated all firmware and programming software, created more functional code plugs for Department Heads and implemented new fail-soft frequencies ensuring 100% operability despite any loss of power to the shipboard repeaters.
Electronics TechnicianJanuary 2001 – November 2010
Education - College
- The Art Institute of Fort Worth, TexasAugust 2013 – 2015
- Bachelor of Arts in Web Design & Interactive Media
- Liberty UniversityAugust 2011 – July 2012
- Credit hours towards a Bachelor of Science in Web Technology & Design
- The Art Institute of California, San DiegoOctober 2008 – March 2011
- Credit hours towards a Bachelor of Science in Web Design & Interactive Media
- San Diego City CollegeApril 2005 – August 2008
- Credit hours towards General Education classes
Honors & Accolades
- Fort Worth Weekly FinalistAugust 2013
- President’s List (4.0 GPA), The Art Institute of California – San DiegoWinter 2009, Summer 2010
- Dean’s List (3.8-3.9 GPA), The Art Institute of California – San DiegoFall 2008, Spring & Fall 2010
- Honorable Discharge – Veteran, US NavyNovember 2010
- Joint Service Achievement Medal
- Navy and Marine Corps Achievement Medal x 2
- Enlisted Surface Warfare Specialist & Enlisted Expeditionary Warfare Specialist